Could your smile benefit from a few enhancements? Upgrading your smile doesn't have to involve complicated cosmetic dentistry treatments, thanks to veneers. Ramsey, NJ, dentists Drs. Robert Boff, Banafsheh Goujani, and Kenneth Gluck offer veneers and other cosmetic dentistry services that can transform your smile.
Veneers are thin, yet effective
Veneers are tooth-shaped shells that are cemented to the fronts of your teeth. Although they're no thicker than a contact lens, veneers are made of translucent porcelain, a material that offers superior coverage and looks like natural tooth enamel. Veneers offer a simple way to conceal many types of flaws in tooth enamel.
Veneers offer several important advantages
Ramsey-area residents who choose veneers appreciate these benefits:
- No Change to Tooth Structure: Crowns can also be used to cover flaws, but the restorations require filing all four sides of your tooth. Veneers won't affect your tooth structure. They only require removal of a tiny amount of tooth enamel for a good fit.
- Longevity: You can expect your veneers to look good for as long as 10 years. If you take good care of them, they may not need to be replaced for many more years.
- Easy Care: Veneers don't require any special care instructions. In fact, you'll only need to brush and floss as usual. Non-abrasive toothpaste is recommended, as abrasive products can scratch veneers. You'll also need to avoid using your teeth as tools or eating very hard foods to avoid chipping or breaking your veneers.
- A Complete Tooth Transformation: Adding veneers to your teeth hides the flaws that make you reluctant to share your smile with the world. The restorations are often used to change the shape of crooked or twisted teeth, lengthen short teeth, hide discolorations, close slight gaps between teeth, and conceal bumps, pits, cracks, or chips.
- No More Dingy Teeth: Teeth whitening treatment can whiten your teeth by as much as eight shades, but that may not be enough if your teeth are naturally a little yellow. When you improve your smile with veneers, you choose your ideal level of whiteness. Using lighter-colored dental cement can also enhancing the whitening effect.
Improve your smile with veneers! Are you interested in learning if this cosmetic dentistry option is a good choice for you? Call Ramsey, NJ, dentists Dr. Robert Boff, Dr. Banafsheh Goujani, and Dr. Kenneth Gluck at (201) 327-3060 to schedule an appointment.